2021 Reunion Letter/Registration
Reunion is September 25, 2021 against the Akron Zips. Kickoff is 7:30 PM.
This year marks the 52nd Reunion for the TBDBITL Alumni Club. Welcome back!!
Please read the following information and then click on the link at the bottom of the page to register.
New Info/Reminders for 2021:
- Game tickets are no longer available through the club. You will purchase them directly through Ohio State with a link they provide us in early August. This change is due to the fact OSU has moved to completely electronic tickets.
- Alumni band uniforms
- There were enough questionable uniform parts (calf-length pants, rainbow socks, off-color shoes, orange shirts) at the 2019 Reunion that I’d like to remind people that although this is “alumni band” it is the OHIO STATE Alumni Band. Make an effort to get it right!
- Shirt/hat sales not available at rehearsal
- Oasis Embroidery will not have a table at the Friday rehearsal this year. This means you must order directly from Oasis and make arrangements for shipping by September 16 or local pick-up by September 24.
- Marching options include:
- “Halftime Only” which includes no pregame, marching halftime only with no Script Ohio. Good for those with limited mobility.
- “Script Ohio Lottery” which includes marching pre-game, halftime, and potentially Script Ohio (based on numbers/lottery results).
Registration & Contact Information
Registration fee is $15.
You will need your “TAG” to register online. Your TAG will be sent to you in an email on or around July 4, 2021. If you want to register by phone, have any problems or questions, or do not know your TAG, please contact Greg Daniel at (740) 233-2220. You can pay by credit card or by check. If you have a question for Reunion Chair Sara Lawhon, please email email@example.com.
If you have not yet paid your dues, please pay them on the REUNION registration form. Do not use the “Dues” link sent in previous emails.
Physical Condition of Participants
Marching and playing in the Reunion Band is a physically strenuous activity, particularly the Ramp Entrance and Script Ohio. In order to perform, we need able-bodied participants that are physically capable of OSU-style marching and playing through the Saturday morning rehearsal and game time performances. If you have recently had surgery (i.e. knee replacement), have a medical condition such as heart disease, or generally are “out of shape”, PLEASE REGISTER FOR HALFTIME ONLY or purchase a game ticket and enjoy the game and band performances from the stands. This may seem obvious, however, I am asking you to assess your physical condition prior to September 1st, NOT after one ramp entrance during Saturday rehearsal.
- Early July: Registration opens.
- Wednesday, September 1: Register by 11:59 PM EDT for the Script spot lottery. I-dotters and Script drum majors will be selected from registrations completed by 11:59 PM EDT, September 1. Registrations received after September 1 will have Script spot requests filled pending availability.
- Wednesday, September 1: Last day to switch your marching preference or cancel your registration.
- Monday, September 20: Last day to register to play and march (Monday night rehearsal).
Game tickets are no longer available for purchase through the club due to a change by OSU to electronic ticketing. The link to purchase tickets directly from athletics is provided on the registration confirmation screen once your payment has been processed. Tickets are available in Sections 11C, 9C, and 7C. There will be no restrictions on membership or amounts for game ticket purchases. Reunion organizers will be happy to help you step through this process.
You do NOT need a game ticket to march.
Three Script Ohios
We will conclude the halftime performance with four FULL 192-piece Script Ohio formations (1 OSUMB; 3 Alumni). To make this happen, we need to have over 620 marching participants by the September 1 registration deadline; we will adjust the number/size of the Scripts to the number of people registered. If more than 576 people register before the September 1 deadline, a lottery will be held to fill the Script spots.
Schedule of Events
Click here for a tentative schedule of events for the 52nd Reunion. The schedule will not be “official” until times and locations are confirmed in early September. Events include:
- Monday, September 20th
- Monday night rehearsal (Optional – music rehearsal only)
- Last day to register to play and march
- Friday, September 24
- Golf Outing – more details coming soon!
- Pre-Rehearsal Family Fun Event (see below)
- Friday rehearsal (Optional BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – music rehearsal)
- Saturday, September 25
- Saturday rehearsal (Report time is 1:30PM)
- “Lunch” (see below)
- Skull Session
- Football game
Pre-Rehearsal Family Fun Event
Bring the kids and spouse for some pre-rehearsal fun starting at 5:30 PM before Friday’s rehearsal. We will have entertainment for all ages; young kids through adults.
If your row, section, or year is planning a party/event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may publicize the event.
Levy Catering can provide a box lunch and water for $10 that includes a deli sandwich, pasta salad, chips, fresh fruit, cookie/buckeye and water. Sandwich choices for 2021 are:
- Roast beef, with tomatoes, sweet onion jam and herb aioli on focaccia
- Smoked turkey, with bacon, tomato, lettuce and herb aioli on wheat bread
- Vegetarian “ZLT” Flatbread – grilled zucchini, jalapeno jack cheese and sundried tomato pesto
You can buy these for friends and family, too. Lunches can be picked up after Saturday morning practice (~9:00 AM if Noon kickoff) at Gate 25 of the Stadium. Remember to bring your lunch ticket to practice! NOTE: We are unable to bring lunches back to St. John Arena following rehearsal. Please arrange for someone else to pick up your lunch if necessary.
I know its “alumni band” but it is the OHIO STATE Alumni Band. Make an effort to find the correct uniform parts!
Your shirt, pants, belt, socks and shoes should look something like these on Saturday morning.
Monday/Friday Rehearsal: Casual
- Band members – Scarlet red short-sleeved shirt from Oasis Embroidery, medium gray trousers (no sweat pants, no leggings, no capris), black belt, black shoes, black socks, scarlet red ball cap from Oasis Embroidery. Shirts should be tucked into pants.
- Drum majors – Scarlet red short-sleeved shirt, white slacks (NOT SHORTS), white shoes and white socks.
Pants can be found by searching on-line for “medium gray trousers” or “medium gray dress pants”. I have found pants in-store at Kohls and JC Penney. Meijer usually has $10 all-black tennis shoes.
Shirts and ball caps with the Alumni Band logo can be purchased through Oasis Embroidery on their website: www.oasisembroidery.com Click on the TBDBITL Apparel Tab on the left. The official Password is: ROGER. You may also call (614-785-7266) or visit the store at 6663-R Huntley Road, Columbus OH.
Oasis will NOT be at any TBDBITL activities Friday or Saturday. You must order directly from Oasis and arrange for shipping by September 16 or pickup by September 24.
Please email email@example.com if you wish to have a booth at the Friday night rehearsal, so that a space will be reserved for you. You will need to bring your own tables.
Please make every effort to bring your own instrument. Due to school already being in session, and demand for OSU instruments from the Fall Semester Athletic Bands, instrument availability is limited during both Monday/Friday rehearsals and actual Game Day. Call your local high school. Borrow your kid’s instrument.
If you need to borrow an instrument, please so indicate on your registration. Again, you may not get your instrument until Friday evening rehearsal. Drummers are responsible for their own sticks and slings (contact Columbus Percussion at 614-885-7372). Sousaphone players should attempt to bring their own mouthpieces.
- Monday, September 20
- Practice – Parking around the stadium will be enforced by Campus Parc. Use the pay kiosk machines. You must correctly enter your license plate number in the kiosk machine for your payment to be valid.
- Friday, September 24
- Practice – Parking will be free *north of the French Field House only* for Friday night’s rehearsal from 5pm until rehearsal ends.
- Saturday, September 25
- Practice and Game – Free parking available at any “PUBLIC” lot on the OSU campus. A map of “PUBLIC” lots will be linked here when available. Please identify yourself as a member of TBDBITL by leaving a legible note to this effect on your dashboard. If you arrive early, you may offload your instruments, etc., from the St. John Arena parking lot prior to parking your vehicle.
You will be responsible for your own lodging arrangements/needs. If you need information regarding local lodging options, Greg Daniel at (740) 233-2220 can give you a list of hotels, but you will be responsible for making your own reservations.
Instrument fees and lunches are refundable before the September 1 deadline for requests submitted via email. Dues and registration fees paid to TBDBITL will not be refunded.